Saturday, August 27, 2011

Finn's first day of preschool!




Finn had a great first day of preschool, albeit was only one hour Friday. He was excited to bring his backpack; even though I knew he didn't need it, it made me happy he was so excited. When we got into his classroom he held my leg and was unsure, and his little bottom lip went out when I said I would be back to get him. Luckily there were no tears and he didn't want to leave when I came back for him!

I am really excited for him to attend this preschool. They attend a program for 45 min every week (Cullen attends it weekly too) called Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. It is a montessori approach to learning about our Catholic faith. It looks really interesting and I think I may volunteer to help in there from time to time. I'm sure I would learn a lot from it too.

Then we went down to the kindergarten wing to pick up Cullen. Mrs. V, the assistant teacher, met me at the door and explained Cullen had made a milk mess at lunch. I packed a chocolate milk (a special Friday treat), he squeezed it and the milk came spraying up out of the straw, covering his hair, face, AND WHITE SHIRT! He complained of his eyes burning, they asked him if he needed to go to the school nurse, and funny... he immediately felt better. :) They cleaned him up the best they could and then he DID IT AGAIN! So they had to change his shirt to an emergency one packed in his backpack. What a stinker! I have to shake my head because on the drive to school that morning I kept stressing to Cullen to keep his shirt clean, over and over. Ohh well...

Then on the way out the door he said to Mrs. Lohr "I had a great day today, didn't I Mrs. Lohr?" She laughed and then told me Cullen earned a "Patriotic Citizen Award". She explained they are very special, hard to earn, and once they earn 10 they get something special. So at least he is being good at school!

No comments: