Wednesday, August 3, 2011

back for the ducks

We went back to campus tonight to explore St. Mary's Lake
and to feed the ducks. Finn had been talking
about it ALL day. "I think those ducks are hungry,
I think."

They swarmed us!


While riding bikes around St. Mary's Lake,
some ducks followed us. They really wanted
more bread!

Some geese along the path.

Cullen lighting his first prayer candle
at the Grotto.

By the Grotto. This was the highlight of the night
for Finn. Cullen liked feeding the ducks and the long
bike ride along the lake.

I am in love with living so close to campus. We took off for campus after dinner again tonight to ride bikes, feed the ducks, and light prayer candles at the Grotto. I can see this being a thing we do OFTEN. The boys have been asking all day today to go again. The weather was nice (81*), the campus is gorgeous, we get some exercise, and the boys burn up some energy! Win-win. I want to check out St. Joseph's Lake next time.

We weren't able to show the boys the Grotto yesterday, as the nightly rosary was going on. So I was excited to show it to them tonight (it was over after our long bike ride). I helped them with their prayers and they were very quiet and respectful. I'm so proud. :)



Leaving campus tonight, I was behind this van... Kansas tags from Wyandotte County.

No comments: