Friday, May 21, 2010

names

Look what Cullen showed me this morning.

A week ago Cullen asked me how to spell mom and dad. This morning, as I was getting ready, he called me into the computer/play room to show me this. Cullen never ceases to amaze me, the kid has an amazing memory! He really likes this website, it has several activities and games for each grade level. This is one of his favorite pages b/c you can "draw" and now spell things on it! I really need to find our Bob Books and start teaching him to read.

On a related note, I was going through LOTS of Cullen's artwork today (and throwing some away). I came across one piece of paper where he wrote: Cullen, Finn, and Mom- several times all over the paper. That must have been when he asked me how to spell mom and dad. It was so touching to see his rudimentary letters spelling mom out for the first time. :)

No comments: