Friday, May 21, 2010

egg update

A few days ago I was able to get a picture of 2 eggs with my phone.

Today I found 4 eggs!

I'm so excited the Momma Robin is still working hard in our backyard. I have been reading online about Robin's eggs, etc. I've read that they typically lay 4 eggs (1 per day). The incubation period is 12-16 days and the babies remain in the nest for about 13 days. We are excited to see the babies hatch! This whole experience is very interesting to Cullen and Finn thinks it's funny to watch Momma Robin. Cullen was a little disturbed by the fact that Momma Robin was squawking at me while I took the pictures and he kept his distance. Finn, on the other hand, thought it was hilarious and it encouraged him to come closer.

Hopefully in a few weeks we'll have baby birds!

No comments: