Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Finn LOVES going to The Little Gym!

My monkey

Finn was out there running around with the big kids.

Friday night we went to The Little Gym's Halloween party. It was a nut house, I've never seen so many people at there! The boys had fun and it was a good way for them to burn off some energy before bed!!

Finn refused to leave his hat on.

Trunk or Treat, round 2

clever.
(the stack of papers says "Healthcare Reform Bill")

playing games

Finn having a snack while Cullen plays.

bounce house = (some) sugar burned

Zoinks!
(he really said that as I took this picture)

sleepy boy

the loot from today's Trunk or Treat

Cullen handing out candy.

Our Halloween is over. Well, Halloween is over for Finn and me. Cullen's Halloween will last until the next big thing- my guess is, his birthday. (I don't think Thanksgiving will count for much in Cullen's book.) It was a busy day. Cullen went to a Little Gym make-up class this morning. Then after nap we went to a Halloween Party at a friend's church. They had Trunk or Treating, 3 bounce houses, games, cake walk, etc. We actually won a cake. (Like we need any more sugar in the house!!) We then made our way home to trick or treat on our street and then Cullen handed out candy to our trick or treater's.

Cullen's wig and goatee would make adults laugh out loud when they saw him. Several people told me it was great, seeing how both boys' costumes went together. Originally, I wanted Cullen to be Scooby Doo and Finn to be Scrappy Doo. But Cullen wanted no part of it, he wanted to be Shaggy! I was just concerned no one would know who he was, but I was wrong. I'd say 90% of people knew without him telling them.

Cullen is/was on cloud 9! In between trick or treaters he would giggle and say "Halloween is the best!" then fall in my lap. He was a little nervous ringing the doorbell of some of the houses on the block, they looked a little creepy. He also made some of the scarier kids trick or treating at our house work for the candy. He'd make them talk to him before he'd even open the door ( it was reassuring to hear a kid voice come from such a scary mask.) But he sure didn't let on that he was nervous after they left- he'd tell me "I wasn't scared." or "That was just a mask." One little girl came to the door in a princess costume and he said to her "You look beautiful." That cracked me up. His reply to another kid who said the standard "Trick or Treat", was "Zoinks! That's what Shaggy says." Then tonight as I was tucking him into bed, I told him to stay in his room and don't come out, and he replied "Aye, aye captain." as he place two fingers on his brow. I have no idea where that came from, but it made me smile. As I turned off the light and closed the door he chuckled to himself and said "Ahhh, that was hilarious."

1 comment:

Courtney Marchbank said...

Oh, man. I'm cracking up at all the "ridiculous" stuff Cullen says. He is a riot, that's for sure. I'm sure he had wonderful dreams last night!