Saturday, October 10, 2009

in the center ring


In case no one really "gets" the fact that my house is very much like a circus... here's an example. Yesterday I was in the kitchen cleaning up after lunch. I hear Finn getting frustrated, I tell Cullen to back off. A few seconds later I hear Cullen wailing. I walk in to find Finn on all fours looking at me and Cullen holding his arm and screaming. I really can't blame Finn for biting Cullen (and just about drawing blood), everyone has their breaking point. When I say that Cullen is in Finn's face ALL DAY LONG, I mean it literally. Cullen is millimeters from Finn's face at any given moment. I prayed for this spunk Finn is showing, Lord knows he needs it. And God is good.

As I told my friend Faith about this on the phone today, I was saying they are only 1 and 3 and they are already fighting. I imagine they are really going to come to blows when they are older. She responded, "Well Finn is setting his boundaries for Cullen. Once they are well established, it will probably end." I told her that was a great thought, but nothing in my 3+ year relationship with Cullen has lead me to believe he's good with boundaries. So it continues... the greatest show on earth.

No comments: