Tuesday, April 3, 2012

swim lessons



1st swim lessons at Knute Rockne Memorial Pool on campus.
Cullen is a Blue Barracuda
Finn is a Golden Guppy


People rub Knute's nose for good luck.

Finn (and Cullen's) favorite part of lessons...
jumping in!


I really like this old, Gothic building, where the boys are taking swim lessons. It was built in 1939 after Knute Rockne's death to memorialize him. When we got home from lessons on Saturday (March 31st), I looked up on Wikipedia the location of the plane crash in Kansas where Rockne's plane went down in 1931. My grandpa was telling me about the plane crash one of the last visits I had with him, I didn't know it happened in Kansas. Eerily, I learned that his crash went down on March 31st, 1931... 81 years ago that day. It crashed in some farm land in Bazaar, Kansas, after taking off from Kansas City where he was visiting his two sons in boarding school.

No comments: