Friday, April 13, 2012

pennies from heaven


Pennies from Heaven

I found a penny today
Just lying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny,
This little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven
That's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss them down.
Oh, how I loved that story.

He said when an Angel misses you
they toss a penny down.
Sometimes just to cheer you up
to make a smile out of a frown.

So don't pass by that penny
When you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven
That an angel's tossed to you!!


Cullen had his appointment this afternoon to get his staple removed. As we were walking into the building Cullen noticed someone in front of us pick up a penny in the parking lot, he mentioned it... he was disappointed he didn't find it. We went on into his appointment, and the doctor pulled his staple out. In true Cullen-form, he didn't even blink. No big deal. :) The doctor even commented on what a great job he did.

We checked out and opened the door to go into the hallway and there in front of us was a penny. We saw it at the same time and Cullen was so excited. I suddenly got emotional and instantly thought of my grandpa and "pennies from heaven". I told Cullen, when I was a girl, someone once told me that when someone in heaven is thinking about you, they toss down a penny for you to find. Then I asked him- who, in heaven, do you think is thinking about you right now? He immediately said gpapa. I agreed and told him I bet he thought you did a great job getting your staple out and he wanted you to know. :)

It was almost as though we missed that first penny in the parking lot, but he made sure to get another one to us. :)

Link to the Kansas City Star Tribute to my beloved grandpa.

No comments: