Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Mass at the Log Cabin Chapel

Our dinner view from the South Dining Hall's 2nd floor.

Log Cabin Chapel

Back in the middle of August, I was able to see the inside of the Log Cabin Chapel after the rosary.  Father O'Connor and Freida walked me up there to show me the inside.  It was amazing!  I thought it would be a great place to have the next MBA Community Mass.  I email Brian Lohr about it, and he directed me to Sister Petra (also an MBA student).

Sister Petra and I have been emailing quite a bit now.  She has asked me about joining in on the planning of the MBA family retreat in January, and invited me to attend Mass at her convent.  She also asked me to do a reading at the MBA Community Mass last Sunday.  I was nervous, but when will I have that opportunity again?  The reading went well and the Mass was packed!  All the seats were taken and there were many standing at the back.  Sister Petra emailed me that night to thank me for the suggestion, she said they have never had such a good turn out and she thinks it was because of the location.

After Mass, we all walked to the South Dining Hall for dinner.  It was crazy, with all the students and Sean and I trying to manage our tray and the boys'.  We were able to sit with Father Doyle (the priest assigned to the MBA program and ND Football team).  He enjoyed talking to the boys.  In fact during communion he asked Cullen to give him a "high five" and Cullen slapped his hand HARD, it was loud!  :)  Hahaha.  It was a great day and I have many great memories from it...

No comments: