Thursday, February 16, 2012

God give me patience!

Don't be jealous that you don't find surprises like
this in your toilet! I about jumped out of my skin when
I lifted the lid!!

The resident plumber strikes again!!!

Lord, give me patience!! I don't know how many times I prayed for this today. (Not kidding.) This is an example of a very long day with Pirate Red-Beard (Sean's nickname for Finn). I got home from sorting donations at Cullen's school to find that Finn had moved his step-stool to the fridge, took out milk and chocolate syrup and mixed himself a VERY chocolatey, chocolate milk! Then put both the milk and chocolate syrup in the fridge. (His follow through impressed me, I must say. He's always been my organized child.) He did all this while Sean was in the living room doing homework. Like Sean said, he's too smart, it's hard to get too mad about it. Finn has already learned it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

After Sir Talks-A-Lot (Cullen) came home from school, it was game on. Is there a full moon tonight? The boys were bonkers!! Tonight was my night to go to the rosary, but Sean was so swamped with homework I knew it would be best to separate the boys. So I took Cullen with me to the rosary. He was an angel and even knew the Our Father and Hail Mary from school, so he prayed aloud with the rest of us. Be still my heart.

Then I get home to THIS! Cullen lifted the lid to use the restroom before his shower and we both about jumped out of our skin! Then came the laughter, big, uncontrollable laughter complete with tears... I'm still not sure if they were tears of joy or horror! ;)

Ohh, THE JOYS of BOYS!

No comments: