Sunday, August 29, 2010

Choo-Choo! Finn is two!

Finn saying "All aaaboooarrrd!"






We had a party in honor of Finn's second birthday this weekend. We had a really good time! A lot of our friends were able to make it, we feel so lucky to have such good friends out here. I think we had 11 adults and 7 kids (not including us). We rented a dinosaur bounce house, which was a huge hit!! Luckily the weather was really nice, and not too hot, so we were able to spend the whole time outside on the deck watching the kiddos bounce and ride the little roller coaster (Finn started riding backwards!). And of course, we all pigged out on grilled brats, hotdogs, hamburgers, fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar pita chips, homemade make-your-own veggie pizza, etc. Finn was so excited for the "choo-choo train" cake I made for him. All morning leading up the party all he could talk about was his choo-choo train cake, and the bounce house! :) The kids were worn out by 8 and all asking for a movie... the adults watched in awe as the big kids crawled onto the couch, sat still, and watched Scooby Doo in silence. :) Slowly, the families started leaving, and we gave each kid a The Little Red Caboose or Tootle Little Golden Book and each family a bag of White Chocolate Popcorn Party Mix.

I can't believe my little baby is now 2. He's changed so much in the past year. He's got so much spunk and at the same time he's my little snuggler and loves to give kisses and hugs. He's talking a lot now and likes to end his sentences in " 'k mom? 'k?" It's got such a twang to it, I love it. It reminds me a lot of myself in my childhood home movies. I'm sure this year will fly by as well, then my little Finn-Finn will be off to preschool! I am really cherishing the days at home with my boys, it all goes too fast.

Tonight we will have our family celebration for Finn. And, of course, continuing our tradition of enjoying a Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake!

No comments: