Thursday, November 12, 2009

Finnster

bouncing on the zebra

stopping to dance to Curious George

getting a different view

one happy kid

Finn is growing up, so I thought I'd just fill you in on the latest. If I could only use one word to describe Finn, it'd be BUSY! A few weeks ago, Sonya and I went out to do some photo shoots of the boys. It was miserable! I could not get one picture of Finn. He would not stop moving!! Then, when he would stop to investigate something that caught his eye, he would not look at the camera. Pictures with Cullen at this age where not as hard.

It's interesting to see the similarities and differences between the boys. Cullen is much more people-oriented, while Finn is interested in how things work. He's already figured out the shape-sorter. They are the same, in that, they are so stinkin' busy and tough!

One thing that's been exciting for me to see, is Finn has learned our first house rule. We do not allow drinks outside of the kitchen. It only took a few short weeks of me chasing Finn through the house to take his sippy back to the correct spot (an easily reached kitchen chair). He knew when he was wrong too, he'd "run" away from me when he heard me say no. Sometimes he'd even find me in the house to show it to me. But alas, he's made it one week without having to be corrected. He now leaves his sippy on the chair, or he'll sit it on the floor just before he gets to the carpet. He's also learned a few new signs... thanks to Halloween, he can now sign candy and cookie. :) It's amazing to me what these little ones are capable of learning!

Another new development for Finn... he now climbs onto chairs and (thanks to watching Cullen) the coffee table. Never a dull moment, earlier in the week, I happened to catch Cullen walking across the coffee table. I corrected him and he stopped. Not more than 5 minutes later, there goes Finn... walking across the coffee table too. Monkey see, monkey do.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Oh, Finn-Finn. Always adorable! Hope all is well...hang in there! Only a few more days!