Thursday, July 12, 2012

classic boys will be boys

I think this is Sean looking at me...


Last night after dinner I sent the boys outside to play, so I could wash dishes.  Halfway through dishes I hear a knock at the window and Cullen was showing me a toad he found.  :)  A little later both boys came running in the house with the toad in an old drum and (Finn) begged me to keep it.  I had to laugh to myself.  What a classic boy story.... and now it's my reality!  At least they asked me and I didn't find that toad in the toilet like that toy octopus.  That toad sure kept them busy outside... I was even able to sweep and rinse more blueberries while toad went for a swim in the water/sand table and Cullen messed with his throat moving so fast.  Finally, toad escaped between some bricks on the patio.

Today I took the boys back to Lake Saint Joseph on campus.  Again, they had a ball!  ALL they did for 4 hours was, jump off the dock, swim to shore, run back down the dock and jumped in again..... over and over and over again!  I saw cannonballs, pencil jumps, fancy mid-air spins, a few belly flops....  Cullen thinks they did it 99 times.  :)  Despite the snacks they ate like horses for dinner and I think I earned an early bedtime!  What a good day.

Let me leave you with "Doctor Toots".  I'm not sure why, but the boys think that is the funniest thing they can possibly say.  Finn says it a lot, which makes Cullen erupt into uncontrollable laughter!  This obviously motivates Finn to say it again...  They sure keep life light and interesting!

No comments: