Thursday, September 29, 2011

kindergarten

T is the letter of the week.

Cullen is SO excited about his class phone book.
Here is his page. They drew a picture of themselves and
wrote their phone number on the line. (The teacher wrote
it below too, some weren't legible.) Now Cullen is itching to
call Kenneth, David, and Anthony and have them over
for a fire in the backyard and s'mores.

This is too precious. Mrs. Lohr is having the kids
sound out words. Here Cullen wrote "Fetbl" for (play) football.
Not bad for a 5 year old. I love the wings he drew on his angel. :)

Cullen's kindergarten class is off and running! I am so impressed with how much they are already covering. He brings home two different books a week that he needs to read to us. (And he is! He's reading really well.) He is learning a lot of Spanish too. I'm very impressed with this school. I volunteered this morning in Cullen's classroom (then the afternoon in the lunchroom) and it is hilarious to see these little people follow the routine of the centers. It's already a well-oiled machine. I had heard Mrs. Lohr makes them toe the line. Perfect for our little Cullen!

On a side note. The hot water heater went out here in our rental house, so the landlords had one replaced today. One of the men (in his 30's) introduced himself when he arrived. His name was Cullen. I asked him to spell it.... I told him our oldest son's name is Cullen. He couldn't believe it, he has NEVER met another Cullen. Then as I was picking Cullen up from school today he told me that there was another boy in line for the car pick-up line named Cullen. (I had heard from several others that there is another Cullen in second grade. What are the odds? Both Cullen and I met another Cullen today. :) I guess it makes sense... there is such a large Irish presence here.

No comments: