Friday, September 2, 2011

volunteering

My little raccoon leaving preschool. :)


I've started volunteering for the boys' school this week. I'm helping in the lunchroom every Thursday, there is only one woman that works there that is paid... they rely heavily on volunteers. Cullen was SO excited to see me there. I stayed with him the whole time his class was there. He told everyone I was his mom and pointed to the other lunch table and told me to go talk to them too. At first I didn't, what do I say? Hi, I'm Cullen's mom? But then he told me, go mom, talk to them. So I did. :) Two other kindergarten mom's (both in Cullen's class) were volunteering too. Actually, I met Kenneth's, ((one of the kids Cullen talks about all the time) the other is David)) mom, she is a Radiologist who was on vacation, so she spent the whole week volunteering in the lunchroom. We really hit it off! Kenneth is a really sweet boy too, very polite and talkative. As his class was lining up to leave, he said "Bye, mom. Thanks for coming!" The other women ate it up! :) I need to savor this, soon he will be embarrassed to have an involved mom...

My little raccoon, Finn-Finn is loving preschool! He's disappointed he only goes 2 days a week. It was soooo cute seeing all these little 3 year olds leave the school as raccoons today! After I dropped Finn off, I had to stay for another volunteer meeting to help in the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd room. I ran into Finn's teacher and she was singing his praises. She told me he was doing phenomenal! Even though he is the youngest in his class, you would NEVER know it. I am so glad they took him, even though he didn't make the cut-off date. I knew he was ready!



No comments: