Tuesday, November 27, 2012

thankful for Cullen

The cutest Tiger Cub Scout ever.  :)
Cullen had his second Cub Scout meeting last night.  He loves it!  He looks so grown up in his BSOA outfit.... what happened, where did the time go??

Cullen's Thankful list.  No help at all.
God, Mary, Video Games, Quinn, me, mom, dad, Jesus, I like teacher, the sun.

I love his list!  Still wondering why Finn was beat out by the sun.... ;)  We had a great Thanksgiving!  We went to the Wilson's house.  It was a beautiful day in the upper 60's, so the kids bounced on the trampoline while the men fried the turkey outside.  Jan and I enjoyed the quiet and stayed inside to gab.

While we are on the thankful topic... I am so thankful for these two years at Notre Dame, they are better than I could have possibly imagined!  It will be so incredibly hard to leave this special place.  I am also thankful my husband went for the Fort Leavenworth, ILE option... even though it may set him back on the Army's timeline.  And my two beautiful, ornery little boys, I am so thankful for them! 

We had Cullen's conference at school last week.  Let me say, I am SO thankful that he had a perfect report from his teacher!  She told me immediately that I should be very proud of him.  He is smart, respectful, nice to everyone, and has good self-control.  (MY Cullen, self-control?  What!?!)  She said he is right on target with everything and very strong in science and math.  She said Cullen is amazing because he really listens to what she is teaching, and then perfectly executes it on his own work.  She said the only thing that she has to watch him on, is talking with this buddies.  :)  But once he's reminded, he stops and minds.  Praise the Lord!  This boy tests EVERY limit we've ever given him, but he is ideal at school.  I'll take it!  I am so proud and thankful for Cullen!

Sean and I were so thrilled, we let him eat out at a restaurant of his choice (McDonalds) and then we went out for ice cream afterwards.  :)

So much to be thankful for.

No comments: