Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Prairie Winds Farm

Touring/tasting the garden.


Smelling herbs... (chives, basil, and dill)


"Where's the green tractor?"

Finn's favorite. :)

Even after all the kids moved on, Finn was still there...


Lot's of goats!

Such a pretty chicken.

chicken eggs!

chasing chickens

Riding Pony Tally

feeding goats

Farmer Finn's turn to ride the pony.

It was funny seeing the kids (human and goat) all locked in together!

Turkey... gobble, gobble

Wild blackberries off the vine.

On a bee hunt.

We found a ton!

Cullen discovered these deer bones.

Pelvic bone or mask, you decide.

Bee hives!  We bought a jar of honey before we left.

As I've mentioned before, I'm in charge of the Notre Dame Family Life Committee playgroup.  We meet every Tuesday to let the kids get out and play.  This week I organized our group to meet at Prairie Winds Farm just south of South Bend.  It was great!  Farmer Charlotte also hosts a Farm Camp every summer, how much would my little guys love that?!?  As we left Farmer Charlotte told me how well exposed my boys are to nature, you can tell they get out a lot.  :)  I told her good, I don't want to raise little city boys!

No comments: