Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Kindergarten Cafe

Mrs. Lohr just emailed me this picture. :)
This is Cullen and Sara. Cullen told me
he asked Sara if she was done eating before
he got up from the table. He waited for her.
What a sweet photo!

My handsome, growing, big boy.

All the kinders passed their good manners test! So today at snack time they dressed up and went to the Kindergarten Cafe. :) There they dined on pb&j sandwiches, pretzel goldfish, fruit loops, and m&ms.

They had to master lots of manners- please, thank you, may I be excused?, napkin on lap, not leaving the table until all are finished, and holding one finger up when someone asks a questions while you are chewing. There are probably more, but those are the ones Cullen told me about.

On the day of the good manners test, I asked Cullen if he had passed it yet. Sadly, he hadn't. He was talking and not sitting still during circle time and that's not nice manners. :) Ha! That night I asked if he passed and he said yes, that he decided to sit away from everyone during circle time, so he wouldn't have anyone to talk to. I believe this will be a constant struggle for my social and impulsive Cullen... but I'm proud that he made that decision on his own! No one asked to told him to do that. :)

Yay for good manners! And who thought that my "perfect b/c I always use my manners" Cullen wouldn't pass!! LOL

No comments: