Wednesday, January 25, 2012

this and that...

"My goal is to yus good mamrs."
My goal is to use good manners.

Cullen's class made New Years Resolutions... it was cute to see what they all wrote and came up with. :) It's nice to see my hard work on manners is paying off for Cullen. :) In fact, today Mrs. Lohr told the class that Cullen ALWAYS has such good manners, so he got to get up and help her on the smart board today. :) He was thrilled! {So am I!} When I help in the lunch room, I really notice the lack of manners. Who knows... maybe the older kids think they are too cool for it??

Another note on Cullen; he has my cell phone number memorized! I'm so proud of him... I just started working on it with him over Christmas break. Not that he would ever get separated from me, he's very cautious about that. Finn is another story!

Some funny things Finn said today: "Cats don't watch TV because they only have one eye." I had to explain to him that most cats have two eyes, just grandma and grandpa's cat has one...

After we dropped Sean off at class, I ran to Walgreens and had to wake Finn up from a much needed cat nap. He was really grumpy in the store. As I was paying the two women in line behind me started talking to Finn. He was not having it. They told him he was such a handsome little boy. He frowned at them and said "No I not!" They laughed and asked him "What is your name?" He crossed his arms and said "NOTHING!" They laughed harder and said "Well, hi there Nothing.... you sure are cute!" Then he finally smiled at them. The lady checking us out said, "how can you be grumpy when you have such beautiful red hair?" Then he turned to her and said "I don't like it when you say that." He was in rare form and had everyone cracking up! If I had a dime for every compliment on Finn's hair I'd be a billionaire. I don't know if he's catching on to everyone's comments on his hair yet or not... I think he was just being difficult because I woke him up from his cat nap. As I pushed the cart away the lady behind me said "Mom, he really is a cute little boy!"

No comments: