Friday, December 2, 2011

Preschool Bulletin Board


At the beginning of the school year Finn's teacher asked for volunteers to decorate the bulletin board for his class. I figured it was something I could do, so I signed up. December was the month assigned to me... I went in today, while Finn was in class and decorated the board. I cut the snowflakes out of cupcake wrappers and glued glitter on the word "you". His teacher is going to ask each student what makes them special and unique, and add the child's name and their answer to a snowflake I left for her. That's what will fill the large empty space on the bottom. :)

I took down a big turkey another mom created. Each feather listed something each student was thankful for. Most of them said- mom, or dad, some toy... Finn's said "for pizza". That's my Finn, thinking about food! ;)

Finn's teacher mentioned to me today that Finn is doing so wonderful in class. She's mentioned before that you would never know he's the youngest in the class. Today she told me he's ahead of most of his class. She said he is more at the level of her 4 year old class and across the board- verbally, fine motor skills, and gross motor skills. Even how he needs no assistance when he gets to school. They are supposed to take off their coat, hang it in their cubby, take their gold folder out of their backpack, hang their backpack up, put their gold folder in the teachers basket, then find a letter for circle time. I noticed Finn get straight to work today, he was the first one ready. Then I watched the majority of the other kids just stand there and wait for the teachers to help them and remind them of each step. That's our Finn-Finn, he's always been our organized child!

No comments: