Saturday, April 2, 2011

Finn officially enters boyhood

Finn watching Scooby Doo in the Urgent Care Clinic.

After his stitch.

At Sonic with his Cherry Limeade slush.

Our littlest trooper.

Today I made my 5th trip to an Urgent Care Clinic (Finn's first trip). This is just the beginning for me, I'm sure! Finn took a catnap in the car, so I knew naptime would be a struggle. It was. I could hear him playing and playing in his room, so I stayed upstairs. Then I heard a thud and shrill crying (the type of crying, that an experienced mom of boys knows as BAD). He was holding his head and as I got closer I could see the blood pouring out and dripping onto his chest. We got downstairs and Sean immediately told us to go to the ER. Cullen was mad, he didn't want to leave his Star Wars Lego Wii game (Sean was getting ready to go into work).
At the Urgent Care Clinic, Finn was such a trooper! He had stopped crying before we got into the car. All the nurses and even the PA that stitched him, couldn't get enough of him... telling us how cute he his, his gorgeous hair, angelic face, on and on. Then came time for the numbing shot, two other nurses came in to hold him down. Finn didn't try to fight them, and he didn't even cry! His little lip pouted out and he thought about it... but he held it together! Everyone in the room was shocked. The PA said Finn did better than grown men. They let him keep the big syringe they used to clean the wound.
Meanwhile, they wheeled in a TV with Wii attached for Cullen to play. Funny, he was mad leaving the house even though his brother was bleeding profusely from the head... only to get there and they had the same game!
When the PA returned to put in his stitch, she stopped and told me "You have really got two beautiful boys. I don't want you to think I say that to everyone, I don't... because it's not always the case." They didn't even attempt to hold Finn down for the stitches, and he didn't need it. He sat so still and didn't whine or anything. Again, they were all singing his praises.... what a good little patient he was.
After we left, I took the boys to Sonic for Cherry Limeade Slushes. What an afternoon!
I'm not sure if you remember or not, but I have had 2 very similar experiences with Cullen being as tough as nails. He's had his forehead glued together and had stitches on top of his head. Both times everyone was shocked at how tough he was. No tears or anything! God gave these boys a hard head and extreme toughness! I've always known Cullen doesn't feel pain, but was surprised to see Finn be just as tough (he does feel pain). Definitely no wussy boys here.

No comments: