Thursday, November 18, 2010

Indians, Summer, & drains

Cullen with his Indian hat and necklace.

Cullen is really proud of this hat he made in preschool. :) On the way home, he told me "I just love doing art at school. I think that I will make some artwork for Jesus and Santa." Ohh, Cullen. On the back of the hat he drew 2 stick people, one with a cloud over his head with a lot of rain coming down...

In other news... I posted two of the boys' favorite songs on the playlist. They LOVE to dance and sing to "Beat It" even Finn-Finn sings along. Funny my boys love it so much... I loved it as child and even named my baby doll "Beada" after the song. Finn also loves any song that has talks about tractors. :) Old MacDonald Has a Farm is a favorite book right now.

Before lunch today, Finn was playing with his pretend cell phone and was having quite the serious conversation with Summer. I asked him who Summer was and he told me his friend at the gym. He actually said "friend". He's growing up! Then of course, Cullen got another pretend phone and started talking to Summer, as well. This made Finn mad and a fight ensued. A sign of things to come, perhaps?

This afternoon, my resident plumber, aka Finn, found trouble (once again) in the bathroom. This kid gets into everything! In the Spring, he pulled the hot water handle off of the garden tub in the master bath. Water is gushing out full-force and, of course, Sean is gone. Luckily, I thought quick and turned off the water to the house and used pliers to turn it off. This Summer, Finnster somehow pulled the drain plug out of the sink and shoved Cullen's toothbrush as far as he could into the drain. My dad fixed both things for me when he was out here over Halloween. Thank you, dad!! Anyway, today (now Fall) Finn shoved a toy all the way into the hole in toilet in the master bathroom. I would have never known, but luckily Cullen caught him and told me. But it was too late... I could not see any trace of the toy. So what did I do? I asked Cullen (obviously b/c his hands are smaller) to stick his hand in there and pull it out for me, and if he did it... he could have a piece of gum. A few good tugs later and he got it out. Thank goodness! I just worry what Winter will bring with Finn....

Seems like I had more stories to share, but Finn is sitting here asking over and over- "Listen to Beat It momma, please?!?" How can I resist?

No comments: