Tuesday, November 9, 2010

fighting Soldiers from the sky, fearless men who jump and die

Sean waiting for the 3rd lift.


Jessica and me with the boys.

Finn wandering around.


Finn talking to daddy about the Chinooks.

Those tiny 5 specks are HALO guys.
(High Altitude Low Opening)

Here they are after the chutes open up.

Coming in for a landing.

The boys watching another Chinook come in.


Finn really enjoyed watching the Chinooks.

Sean arranged a van to take us out to the range to watch him jump this morning. I knew Jessica's husband was jumping too, so I asked if her and Lukey would like to join us. Sean was going to earn a star on his jump wings today (his 30th jump). Unfortunately, it was too windy and the only people that were able to jump were the HALO guys. At least the boys were able to see some cool things... daddy in his jump gear, HALO jumpers, 2 Chinooks taking off and landing over and over, all the army trucks, etc.

I have only seen Sean jump once. Back in NC when Cullen was a tiny baby... Sean and I are trying to arrange a family day out to the range, so everyone can watch their Soldiers jump. It's such a cool experience, I hope we can swing it.

No comments: