Friday, July 16, 2010

Jane Wayne/Family Day

Family Day 2010

The boys playing inside the Humvee.


Cullen playing with the microphones.

Finn loved all the big trucks!

The Soldiers brought Cullen up and let him move the gun around.







Today was Family Day at 10th SFG. It was a long, hot, fun day! I participated in my first Jane Wayne Competition. We were separated into 9 teams. I loved my team, I knew most of them well.
We started the day at the range, they bused us out there first thing. While waiting for our turn to compete in the M4 portion of Jane Wayne, I went over and shot the SCAR. 3 of Sean's old team guys were running it, so they hooked me up. I am not a fan of the SCAR, it has a huge kick to it and it's heavier than the M4. The M4 was easier to shoot, it has a red light showing you exactly where the bullet is going. (Although it's not zeroed to you...) We got 20 practice rounds and then 10 rounds that counted in the competition. I rocked it! I got all 10 shots in the "dead zone" (or w/in the 5).
Next was the sandbag relay competition-- I didn't get any pictures of it. We had to run carrying a 25 pound sandbag.
The last part was the Humvee push. I didn't think that sounded fun, but it was. The Humvee weighs 6,000 pounds and there was a 200+ pound Soldier in it steering.
Our team ended up winning the overall Jane Wayne competition by 4 points. :)
I then had to run the Merchandise tent for a couple hours... another perk of being an FRG Leader!
Finally I was able to get the boys... they had fun. Bouncing a ton on the bounce houses, drinking gatorade, and climbing in the Humvee's. A great day to be a little boy!

No comments: