Sunday, December 2, 2012

Rosary memories

A Quiet Moment by Timothy P. Schmalz

 Jesus, Mary and Joseph portrayed in perfect harmony, love and peace. 
A celebration of the purity of love.

I made it to my weekly rosary Thursday night.  I love going to the rosary this time of year... it's so beautiful, all lit up in the dark... with all the candles going.  My favorite place on campus, next to the serene walks around the lake with the boys.  It was a small crowd- Steve, Freida, Father O'Connor, Brother John, and Brother Richard.  Father O'Connor said a special blessing over me before it started.

After the rosary and enjoying hearing Brother John (from Kansas City) next to me, belt out Salve Regina- he's a great singer.  Then Brother Richard handed me a chaplet.  He told me the next time I go to communion, to bless it myself with the host.  I asked if I could do that, and he said "Why not? Jesus is there with us at Mass."

Freida and I walked to our cars and Brother Richard walked with us.  When we got to our cars Brother asked if I had a minute, he wanted to show me a statue.  I said sure.  So we walked up to Columbia Hall on the hill, where 65 retired Brothers live.  He said it is the second oldest building on campus.  We went inside and I saw huge, beautiful poinsettias and a Christmas tree lit up.

We went directly into the room on the left.  There was this large sized statue- A Quiet Moment.  It was quiet beautiful.  Brother had bought it about five years ago for $500.  He gave me a slip of paper with the information on it- artist, address, phone number, website.  I noticed all the old artwork of Jesus on the walls too.  I thanked him for sharing it with me.  As I was leaving he asked me the question he always does- "What's the name of our grandparents?"  This time I knew.... Anna and Joachim.

No comments: